eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesDear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Vote_lcapDear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Voting_barDear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Vote_rcap 
GuNka
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Vote_lcapDear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Voting_barDear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Vote_rcap 
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

eCk Respect : 100570

Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Empty
PostSubject: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:25 am

Quote :
Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck I’d like to take a moment and talk directly to the Resident Evil 5 demo – in this case the 360 version, if that matters – and just let you know how I feel about you. There was a time when I remember playing your lower res sibling on the Gamecube. Twice through. I enjoyed the hell out that fellow. He was a riotous romp with callbacks to the rest of the series, but also with new twists. Oh sure I had my ludicrous moments of shooting a man-child in the face while he was riding the “Large Nondescript Monster,” but all in all it was a fun time.

You, Resident Evil 5 demo are an abhorrent piece of garbage. I’m sorry, I take that back. It’s late, we just had a falling out and emotions are running high. The high res – but all too shiny – graphics along with Chris’ tree trunks for arms just showcase how bad the control scheme is for RE in the modern gaming world. The so called “tank” mechanic has been improved with a better camera, and I thoroughly enjoy quick mapping items to the D-pad for ease of use. But then you immediately break that advancement in design by having me equip a knife and then moving the camera to an angle where it is impossible to see anything.
And let’s not mention the uselessness of a knife when your character acts as a turret in the world. My god. Slash. Slash. Slash. Slash. Wait a second. Slash. Slash. Finally, a hit! A hit that does nothing. If Capcom is so adamant as to keep your tank controls to create a faux suspense level then the least they could do is give you a knock back feature, a la Left 4 Dead. As it stands now you make me stand, shoot, turn around, run, turn back around, shoot, turn around, run, turn back around, ad nauseum.

This would be acceptable if hordes of zombie like villagers weren’t attacking me. Then again that is somewhat alleviated by the fact these “zombies” stand around next to you taking in the sights for 10 seconds before swinging a shovel at your forehead. Things are made even worse when you throw at me the most terrifying of the normal zombies from your handsomer and more capable brother, the chainsaw dude. Three headshots with a hunting rifle do nothing but piss him off, and by that point he’s breathing down my neck. “Chainsaw dudes aren’t breathing down your neck.” Sorry, got on a Muppets callback tangent for a moment.

So I spend my time trying to run and turn to shoot the chainsaw guy to no avail. Moment after moment you showcase just how antiquated the RE control system is. And that sucks because Resident Evil 5 demo, you have a lot of atmosphere and potential. But I’m saddened to say that you haven’t enticed me to play your fully formed version after gestation is complete.

With the improved shooting mechanics – and yes, they are much improved over what was in Resident Evil 4, I admit – you’ve just proven how artificially frustrating you can be. The aforementioned “tank” control mechanic has been replaced by something that just may be worse. Or at the least is one step forward and one step back. Now you have this great, and familiar, dual stick system that lets me actually get the headshots I’m looking for. Bravo. But then you do the, also aforementioned, turret thing by making me plant my muscle bound self to one spot and try to pick off enemies before they get too close.

In short, you are a freaking jerk who has ruined the first of my most anticipated games of 2009.

lol!
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:31 am

Thumbs down for Res 5 at the moment, ha ha :P

So far guys Res 5 is a bag of shit according to KK n GaViN so be warned!
Spend your cash on a game worth buying Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 am

GuNka wrote:

The game has potential but the controls are unbelievably bad confused I won't be getting this game until they fix the controls.
Back to top Go down
GaViN7UK
eCk Team
eCk Team
GaViN7UK

eCk Respect : 54

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 am

With KZ2 and street fighter this month. I have no need to get this one.
Ill wait for a few months and pick it up for real cheap :) just for the trophys.
Back to top Go down
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:19 am

GaViN7UK wrote:
With KZ2 and street fighter this month. I have no need to get this one.
Ill wait for a few months and pick it up for real cheap :) just for the trophys.

Agreed lol!
Back to top Go down
subster786
eCk Team
eCk Team
subster786

eCk Respect : 532

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:26 pm

i played it today as soon as i got my ps3.
i think its amaizing! yeh, the no run shooting thing is a let down but its overall a great game!

im going to be purchasing it day 1 as i am a big fan of resi! Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck 416941
Back to top Go down
subster786
eCk Team
eCk Team
subster786

eCk Respect : 532

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 pm

kingkenny76 wrote:
GuNka wrote:

The game has potential but the controls are unbelievably bad confused I won't be getting this game until they fix the controls.

u can change the controls.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck   Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Resident Evil 5 Demo: You Suck
Page 1 of 1