eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSocom getting bad reviews Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
Socom getting bad reviews Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
Socom getting bad reviews Vote_lcapSocom getting bad reviews Voting_barSocom getting bad reviews Vote_rcap 
GuNka
Socom getting bad reviews Vote_lcapSocom getting bad reviews Voting_barSocom getting bad reviews Vote_rcap 
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

Socom getting bad reviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

Socom getting bad reviews Empty
PostSubject: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:47 am

SOCOM fans who have been eagerly awaiting the venerable series' return to consoles should be warned: You may not get all that you've hoped for in Confrontation. The beating heart of the series--the realistic, tightly wound tactical combat--is still healthy, but Confrontation's arteries are clogged by network issues, control hang-ups, and graphical hitches. Those who enjoyed previous SOCOM games may be able to push through this malaise, but with no single-player campaign to cut their teeth on, newcomers will likely find the game inaccessible as its myriad problems compound the already steep learning curve. Though there is still some life in it, Confrontation is a disappointingly anemic entry in this historically hot-blooded series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

eCk Respect : 1819

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:49 am

O Shit !! :( now i'm not sure about buy soccom ...
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 am

If Socom would have come out last year we would all have it now and be well pissed with connection issues. Maybe they will get these problems sorted for the release date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
GaViN7UK
eCk Team
eCk Team
GaViN7UK

eCk Respect : 54

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 am

This is another Haze :P

Beta sucked, and this game was rushed and badly made.
I think only the really hardcore socom Fans will love this.
Back to top Go down
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

eCk Respect : 100570

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:44 am

GuNka wrote:
SOCOM fans who have been eagerly awaiting the venerable series' return to consoles should be warned: You may not get all that you've hoped for in Confrontation. The beating heart of the series--the realistic, tightly wound tactical combat--is still healthy, but Confrontation's arteries are clogged by network issues, control hang-ups, and graphical hitches. Those who enjoyed previous SOCOM games may be able to push through this malaise, but with no single-player campaign to cut their teeth on, newcomers will likely find the game inaccessible as its myriad problems compound the already steep learning curve. Though there is still some life in it, Confrontation is a disappointingly anemic entry in this historically hot-blooded series.

I believe most of glitches have now been fixed with patches (some sites have re-reviewed the game) and that is why it got delayed in Europe.

I am going to get this game with the official headset bundle for £28 because even if the game is shit I will have the only paid £7 for the game because the official headset is £21. (All the clan should have a headset for Killzone 2)

Below is a review of the official headset

Quote :
I have to admit that I’ve been greatly disappointed with the quality, comfort and oftentimes the compatibility of headsets for the PlayStation 3. Sure, the Jabra Bluetooth Headset that was packaged with Warhawk wasn’t entirely bad and the Metal Gear Bluetooth by PDP had clear wideband voice quality, but they just didn’t do it for me in other departments. I’m that meticulous hardware fellow that wants it all and I felt that there just isn’t a headset that would satisfy my personal quest for one that would suit me.

Then again, along comes the Official Bluetooth Headset that accompanied the retail version of the multiplayer-only SOCOM: Confrontation and my quest was finally over.

While not as sleek as the Jabra Bluetooth, the Official Bluetooth Headset is tall, slender and compact. It’s look is both plain and cool at the same time seeing as the Mic Mute button (more on that a bit later) lights up when pressed and the ear clip doesn’t stick out like the Metal Gear Bluetooth headset. In other words, it’s not too flashy that it catches too much attention if you decide to use it with a Bluetooth 2.0 or Bluetooth 1.1 compatible phone. It actually worked a lot better than the headset that came with my new phone.

As an online gamer, however, the headset is downright perfect in mostly every way that counts. First, my PlayStation 3 identified it right away. Some gamers might have to go through a System Update (version 2.50 or later) for the quick automatic pairing as well as the headset status indicator that appears on screen. In no time, you’ll have the headset working to your personal specifications (e.g. volume control and voice level).

The headset also comes with the USB and a charging cradle that can be propped up on a hard surface so you can use it as a desktop mic that works great with games like Rock Band. One of the headset’s most prominent feature, however, is the circular Mic Mute button that‘s easily accessible. When you want to suddenly cut off communication, simply tap the button and tap it again when you want to continue.

Say you’re in the middle of a Unreal Tournament 3 multiplayer match or playing Saint’s Row 2’s online co-op when your parent/significant other comes into the room and announces something embarrassing like “I know how much you like Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars so I bought you those Jar Jar pajamas you‘ve been wanting so badly.” You would certainly save yourself from some truly awkward moments.

In the headset’s High-Quality mode, you’ll clearly hear the difference. While playing a Metal Gear Solid 4 online match between two fellow reviewers, the reviewer with the same Official Bluetooth headset came through significantly clearer than the other reviewer that didn’t have one.

Another plus is that the headset charges rather quickly and can easily be used for up to 8 hours before charging it again. It also has an impressive 300 hours of standby time so you don’t have to charge it frequently when it’s not in use. Just about the only problem with the headset is that it also tends to pick up other people’s voices within its range. While other gamers won’t notice the “extra” voices in the background, those who do will bring it up.

“What was that, bro?”

“Um, I didn’t say anything. I think you just heard one of my roommates … all the way from the kitchen.”

The Official Bluetooth Headset is a must for any gamer who spends a great deal of time playing online. I recommend that SOCOM fans pick up the version that includes the headset but everyone else can buy it individually for $49.99. Either way, this is the headset PlayStation 3 gamers will certainly appreciate.
Reviewer's Conclusions for Bluetooth Headset for PlayStation 3

Pros:

Surprisingly fast and easy to pair up with your PlayStation 3 and most new phones.

The inclusion of a Mute button is brilliant.

The sound quality is superb to the point that you’ll notice when other gamers are using the same Bluetooth headset.

It doesn’t take too long to charge.

I clocked in about 8 hours of use before recharging the headset.

In its charging cradle, you can use the headset as a desktop microphone.

Headset comes included with the $59.99 retail version of SOCOM: Confrontation.

Cons:

It’s powerful enough to occasionally pick up conversations in nearby areas … that might confuse other players during matches.

It can become just a tad uncomfortable for very long periods of use.

Verdict: 9.5
It’s no surprise that Sony made this Bluetooth headset the Official Bluetooth Headset for the PlayStation 3 seeing as it easily surpasses other recently released headsets already available. You’ll immediately notice the difference in sound quality and including a mic mute button is a stroke of genius. In short, if you’re shopping around for a headset for your PS3 (or phone) then this is definitely the headset you must buy.
Back to top Go down
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

eCk Respect : 100570

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:52 am

GaViN7UK wrote:
This is another Haze :P

Beta sucked, and this game was rushed and badly made.
I think only the really hardcore socom Fans will love this.

I never played SOCOM before and I enjoyed the beta when I could get into a game and there was no glitches lol! like I said earlier most of the glitches have been fixed with patches.

The graphics aren't great but neither were Warhawks and I had a laugh kicking Gunka's ass in that lol!
Back to top Go down
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

eCk Respect : 1819

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:18 am

is there will some special head set for killzone2 like for soccom scratch ?? never heard aaout head set for killzone i got ps eye and it's works cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socom getting bad reviews   Socom getting bad reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Socom getting bad reviews
Page 1 of 1