eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLittleBigPlanet Review Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
LittleBigPlanet Review Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
LittleBigPlanet Review Vote_lcapLittleBigPlanet Review Voting_barLittleBigPlanet Review Vote_rcap 
GuNka
LittleBigPlanet Review Vote_lcapLittleBigPlanet Review Voting_barLittleBigPlanet Review Vote_rcap 
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

LittleBigPlanet Review

Go down 
+3
Xanderth
sOs-Vlan
GuNka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

LittleBigPlanet Review Empty
PostSubject: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am

The promise of an original platformer that would allow us to create our own levels, practically on the fly, was immense, and the game quickly became one of the PlayStation 3's marquee titles and a good reason to pick up a system. We all figured it would be good, so the question was, just how good would it be?

The answer is that it's absolutely fantastic, an instant classic that actually turned out to be better than my expectations. The community and creation stuff was bound to be reason enough to own the game, but the included content put together by Media Molecule is so good that even if the level building tools weren't in the picture, this would still be a must-have experience.

That's not to say that it's without faults. There are a handful of things that can be cleaned up or fixed by way of patches that are a little annoying at the moment (which I'll come back to in a bit), but they barely mar the surface of an overall game that is nothing short of brilliant in terms of both its design and implementation.

When you first start up the game, your only option will be to hit up the main Story mode. The first three levels (which are the same that were featured in the beta, if you played that) serve as good tutorials for how to play the game. In terms of mechanics, this is about as pure and basic a control setup as you can get. The X button jumps, R1 grabs objects, and that's about it. If you grab a jetpack, you can either shake the controller or tap one of the face buttons to remove it, but that ends your control mechanics (outside of the editor, of course).

While that sounds simple, and it is, it's the level design that makes the whole Story progression the fantastic experience that it is. The first set of levels is fairly easy and will look familiar to anyone who's followed the game at all. The cool thing though is that every other level in the game (of which there are more than 20 "main" levels) is completely unique. Each themed area has three main stages, and while those generally use a lot of the same art assets and look very similar, what you're doing there in each individual area is very different. The jungle areas have you swinging from monkeys, climbing giraffes and riding on buffaloes. The Metropolis stages have you navigate sewers, hop between subway cars and drag race. There's a wild west set of levels that rely on plenty of explosives and mine cart rides, and every other section is just as varied (if not more so) than these.

Really, Media Molecule has done an amazing job of giving you something cool to do in one level, then switching it up and giving you something completely different for the next without ever really repeating ideas throughout the entire game. It's all platforming, sure, but the variance within that frame does nothing short of pushing the limits of the genre.

LittleBigPlanet Review Littlebigplanet-20081012110422821-000

The art direction is fantastic.
While you could run through the game in a matter of five or six hours if you simply blazed through everything, you'd be missing a large chunk of the fun. Each level contains a ton of collectable content kept within prize bubbles, with much of them either hidden away or contained in places that will require you to explore and think to figure out how to reach them. The hidden stuff ranges from stickers and decorations that you can use at any time to full-fledged objects for the level editor, as well as clothing and materials with which to outfit your Sack person.

One cool twist here is that most levels have a few "blank" canvas spots where a certain sticker needs to go, and if you have said sticker and place it there, you'll unlock a bunch of content. So you might play through a level, notice that you don't have what looks like an elephant sticker, and then come back once you've found it a couple of stages later and unlock even more content.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
sOs-Vlan
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Vlan

eCk Respect : 1104

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 pm

i played the demo and i didnt like it, i dont get how it got game of the year, its stupid in my opinion, its something that 8 year olds would play, i hav ADD and ADHD so i get amused very easily and it still doesnt seem fun at all

Last edited by chesty139 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Xanderth
PS3 Guru Gamer
PS3 Guru Gamer
Xanderth

eCk Respect : 348

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:42 am

It sure took more then 5 hours for me... but that's probably because I died all the time.
Back to top Go down
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

eCk Respect : 1819

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 pm

sOs-Vlan wrote:
i played the demo and i didnt like it, i dont get how it got game of the year, its stupid in my opinion, its something that 8 year olds would play, i hav ADD and ADHD so i get amused very easily and it still doesnt seem fun at all
this awarded game of the year because of it desing creating system which make game awesome for me you can design everything in this game that the reason
Back to top Go down
Xanderth
PS3 Guru Gamer
PS3 Guru Gamer
Xanderth

eCk Respect : 348

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:00 am

soul_eater93 wrote:
sOs-Vlan wrote:
this awarded game of the year because of it desing creating system which make game awesome for me you can design everything in this game that the reason
yup ^^
that's why that game is good, millions of stages.
Back to top Go down
sOs-Kil
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Kil

eCk Respect : 488

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 am

haha ya i love to creat stages and see how they play then get family to play them.
Back to top Go down
sOs-Vlan
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Vlan

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am

yea my family arnt big on games other then my brother but he moved out to an apartment with his GF in another city like an hour from me so i never getta play with him, hes gonna buy a PS3 though so thatll be good
Back to top Go down
sOs-Kil
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Kil

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:49 am

i think that that game is only good for family use.
Back to top Go down
sOs-Vlan
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Vlan

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

sOs-Kil wrote:
yea, thing is though, my family doesnt like video games
Back to top Go down
sOs-Kil
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Kil

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 am

sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
dang suks for u.
Back to top Go down
sOs-Vlan
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Vlan

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 am

sOs-Kil wrote:
sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
dang suks for u.
not really cause i never have to share it with anyone else
Back to top Go down
sOs-Kil
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Kil

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 am

sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
dang suks for u.
oh ya true.
Back to top Go down
sOs-Vlan
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Vlan

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 am

sOs-Kil wrote:
sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
sOs-Vlan wrote:
sOs-Kil wrote:
dang suks for u.
oh ya true.
just buy your own
Back to top Go down
grillalogin9
PS3 Noob

eCk Respect : 1

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:08 am

This is a fun PS3 game. It's cool being able to create your own levels and share them with other people online. I highly recommend you download this game.
Back to top Go down
Gigawolf135
eCk Member
eCk Member
Gigawolf135

eCk Respect : 20

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:08 pm

love little big planet, im 13 and also have ADD. I borrowed it from a friend and loved it so when he bought his new ps3 slim it came with the lbp game of the year edition, and he had an old version (not goty) so he gave it to me! happy me! lol LittleBigPlanet Review 54413
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LittleBigPlanet Review   LittleBigPlanet Review Empty

Back to top Go down

LittleBigPlanet Review
Page 1 of 1