eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesMAG - The Basics Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
MAG - The Basics Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
MAG - The Basics Vote_lcapMAG - The Basics Voting_barMAG - The Basics Vote_rcap 
GuNka
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

MAG - The Basics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

MAG - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: MAG - The Basics   MAG - The Basics EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:59 am

The game that many said was not possible on a console, a game that had lofty ambitions, but wouldn’t make it onto the PS3 intact… MAG… the highly ambitious FPS that boasted the largest amount of players on a single map, 256 to be exact… and i’ll be the first to admit that i didn’t think the guys at Zipper interactive could pull it off, but they seem to have done it with ease! And let me tell you right now, it works without a hitch. Its a sight to behold looking at 2 platoons going head to head in a fight to the death.

MAG - The Basics Mag0110

MAG is an online game only, so don’t be expecting a campaign to ease you into the combat. You have a single tutorial level to get to grips of the controls, and then your on your own soldier! You will start off in maps with 64 players for a while until you rank up. You need to unlock the 128 and 256 player matches over time (takes a while to unlock 256) This is done by gaining exp points from kills, assists etc. I suppose this is so you’ve got enough experience before your thrown into the deep end, its abit daunting at first having so many people gunning for your blood. You unlock weapon upgrades ala MW2, from scopes to grips to grenade launchers,its pretty much what you expect from the genre. The idea of the game is that each army has platoons within, and your all supposed to work together, if your comrade is shot, your there to help finish what he started then heal him and continue… Well the games i’ve been involved in, my team either ran the other way, or when they did stick together, if i was downed, my mate just ran over my wriggling body and let me bleed out! Hopefully over time as the newcomers dwindle, we’ll get the proper players that will play as its meant to be played.

MAG - The Basics Mag210

The maps themselves are large enough to give you time to think when you spawn. but every map has a kill zone where for some reason everybody and his dog turns up for a good old slaughter. Sniper fire from guys hiding on a far off bridge/bush/window is as common as Waterford crystal. You then go to the re-spawn screen, and believe me, prepare to see this alot! Its just an overview of the map, fairly dull stuff to be honest. They really could have put in a kill cam or something to pass the time.The graphics are very good without being ground breaking. You’ll admire the scenery, the destroyed buildings, paratroopers dropping all over the place. It all looks nice but not jaw dropping. The sound effects are okay but again even with a decent sound system you wont be jumping off the seat from a grenade explosion.

What you got here is a game that doesn’t try to be anything its not, this is a massive war machine between 3 factions,Raven, a European hi-tec army, Valour, American soldiers that wouldn’t look out of place in “platoon” and then SVER, these are Al-queda cast off's that wouldn’t follow Bin Laden’s plans… You get no back story of why these factions are miffed at each other, your just given the option of which group to sign up with. And this is where i kinda have a problem with it. You have no motivation to carry out your orders, there is nothing to explain the consequences of failure. I know some will say that its the playability that counts, but for me i want to have some direction! I want to know i’m fighting to save my country from impending doom. Zipper have put together a game of a technical marvel, and while MAG is a very enjoyable game, its just missing something because of very little back story to whats going on.

If your a fan of FPS multiplayer there is alot to enjoy here.

MAG is available for PS3 now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
Xanderth
PS3 Guru Gamer
PS3 Guru Gamer
Xanderth

eCk Respect : 348

MAG - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAG - The Basics   MAG - The Basics EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:15 am

"Well the games i’ve been involved in, my team either ran the other way, or when they did stick together, if i was downed, my mate just ran over my wriggling body and let me bleed out!"
This never happens for me in S.V.E.R :/
Back to top Go down
sOs-Kil
eCk Member
eCk Member
sOs-Kil

eCk Respect : 488

MAG - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAG - The Basics   MAG - The Basics EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:39 am

Xanderth wrote:
"Well the games i’ve been involved in, my team either ran the other way, or when they did stick together, if i was downed, my mate just ran over my wriggling body and let me bleed out!"
This never happens for me in S.V.E.R :/
its cus sver is the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAG - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAG - The Basics   MAG - The Basics Empty

Back to top Go down

MAG - The Basics
Page 1 of 1