eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesNAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Vote_lcapNAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Voting_barNAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Vote_rcap 
GuNka
NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Vote_lcapNAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Voting_barNAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Vote_rcap 
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

eCk Respect : 1819

NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Empty
PostSubject: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:28 pm

a lot of people has problems with nat type me too :( don't know how to open ports for eircom in Ireland tried lot guides and still same nat 3 😢
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

eCk Respect : 101472

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:12 pm

You need to be using nat type 2 for all the features to work properly on your ps3 online.

On your ps3 go to Settings > Network Settings > Settings and Connection Status List
This will tell you what your nat type is.

What router make and model do you have?
How do does your ps3 connect to your router? cable/wireless etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3-gamer.forumotion.net
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 am

i have always nat type 3 :( my my modem and router is eircom in Ireland my ps3 i connected by wired
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

PostSubject: Eircom Router Ps3 Settings Help   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Have a read through this mate, any probs just ask.

Basically your ps3 connection has a NAT type , this basically says how your connection to your router is, TYPE 1 means its directly connected to the internet so its perfect, TYPE 3 means it can connect to the internet but the connection isnt perfect/very laggy, a result of this is not being able to go into chat rooms, ea nation games not working etc. well we try to get NAT type 2 which is wirelessly connected to the internet , but perfectly connected here we go!!

*give your ps3 a static ip address*
*okay this isnt too complicated, see every time a router gets accessed by a device (ps3, desktop, laptop etc.) it assignes it an ip address randomly depending on who logs in first,

on ps3
disable the media server function in 'network settings'
do an 'automatic' network connection and see if nat type 3 comes up at the end, if so, were on track

we need our ps3 to have an ip address that isnt given out randomly, as we will need it to have the same address,so you write down a new ip address, say 192.168.1.150 we use .150 because you probably will never have 150 devices on your router at any given time!

*find out our internets ip details*
i had awful guff with this online because bad wording of ip addresses and such was used , SO I WILL MAKE THIS CLEAR

*run a command prompt, on your desktop click 'start'-'run'-'cmd' in the command prompt , type ipconfig/all and click 'enter'

*now, write down the numbers for these addresses: IP GATEWAY,DNS SERVER 1, DNS SERVER 2 they will be used later on.

*fiddling with your router*(in the good way!)
*okay , now we are going to open some ports on your netopia router, DONT WORRY ITS NOT DANGEROUS, because we will only let these ports be opened when your ps3 'asks for them' so to speak, and considering your ps3 doesnt get viruses, you are safe!

*in your internet address bar type in your 'IP GATEWAY' you just got from the command prompt, just the numbers and dots, no need for a 'www' or any of that! on netopia routers the gateway is generally 192.168.1.254 so i will use that for now.

type 192.168.1.254 in the browser address window. and your netopia router page should appear, im gonna make this as easy as possible , so bear with me for a minute, were now going to 'open' and 'enable' the ports and 'enable' your ps3's ip address to know to recieve these ports.

*okay click EXPERT MODE on the left hand column, click 'YES , ENTER EXPERT MODE', double click the word 'configure, go down and click on 'NAT' click 'STATIC NAT' click ythe dropdown icon, see if your ip address is there, if so click it, click on done, if this works, igore the paragraph in brackets

(if not i think you have to sign into psn using the new ip beforehand, im not sure, to do that just use the custom ip and use the same settings but use you GATEWAY as the bar saying DEFAULT ROUTER , then come back to this step)

now im going to list a range of ports and what to do with them , we will call the example port aaaa .
click on NAT as you did earlier,(notice how the ps3 ip is there , listed under static ip? thats good)
click DEFINE CUSTOM SERVICE click in 'PORT FORWARDING' , select next , type anything in the service name, something that you will know its related to the ps3,

see the settings for 'global port range' if its only one port thats being entered enter the same port in the left and right hand boxes, in every case , enter the lower port in the box below saying 'base port' even if theres only one port, and chage the TCP/UDP settings according to every port.

heres the ports , repeat the same process for each one, after that window, select the static ip address you made in the drop-down list so it gets forwarded only for the ps3

* TCP port 80
TCP port 443
TCP port 5223
UDP port 3478-3479
UDP port 3658-3659

*now we 'enable' them all, when your done, click NAT on the left hand side, click the dropdown menu that has 'age of empires' written on it and scroll to the bottom, click on the ports you made with the asterix beside them (*) and click enable , then enter the ps3 ip address in the bar , to 'enable them just for the ps3' okay ,

*now click 'configure ' on the left and then click 'connection ' and tick the box that says "upnp"

now,to summarise, we should have , when we click NAT on the left hand column, a:

static NAT address, enabled, thats the ip youre going to use on your ps3
7 ps3 ports, all enabled to the 'host device' of your ps3's ip

*now , enter basic mode, click firewall, and set to low, this isnt dangerous as long as you have a desktop firewall such as windows or mcafee etc...
save changes, and RESTART YOUR ROUTER!

now, turn your ps3 off, then on again , now go to Network settings and click network settings, im putting this in bullet form for easiness

-wireless/wired(though this guide is based on a wireless connection)
-CUSTOM
-enter security settings
-now for your ip info CLICK MANUAL
-where it says 'ip address' enter the STATIC IP ADDRESS YOU MADE UP
-subnet mask is normally 255.255.255.0
-DEFAULT ROUTER, this wants you to input your GATEWAY number you wrote down
-DNS 1/primary , enter the one you wrote down,

i dont think the ps3 needs it , try it without using the 2nd one,

-cick NEXT
-'proxy server' DONT ENABLE THAT
-upnp , enable if you could in your router

thats all , save settings and do connection test, see what nat type comes up at the end, if its 2 , its perfect! dont do anyhting to your router and congratz! if not , perhaps a bit of the guide was overlooked, if that isnt the case either leave me a post and ill try and help,

good luck
Back to top Go down
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 am

i tried this guide is well it doesn't work i don't know do i make something wrong ...
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am

I assume you have have had a look in your routers setting from a pc?

How far did you get with the settings?
Back to top Go down
soul_eater93
eCk Team
eCk Team
soul_eater93

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:19 am

i don't know how to tell u ...:( actually i know how to get nta type1 or 2 i did nat type to some of my friend but it doesn't work with my router :( i guess i'll have to wait next year and just change the ericom to BT
Back to top Go down
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

eCk Respect : 100570

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 am

soul_eater93 wrote:
i don't know how to tell u ...:( actually i know how to get nta type1 or 2 i did nat type to some of my friend but it doesn't work with my router :( i guess i'll have to wait next year and just change the ericom to BT

Hi mate I know we have gone through this before but i have the same eircom netopia router and this guide worked for me. I have tried loads of things but this guide does work. Follow it all step by step (this guide didn't work for me until i finished the second part of the guide)

Quote :
Hey guys, heres a guide to having absolutley FLAWLESS ps3 online, very important parts shall have an asterix (*) to the left hand side of the post,
i shall also give brief explanations of why youre doing these things, and what they actually DO:

basically your ps3 connection has a NAT type , this basically says how your connection to your router is, TYPE 1 means its directly connected to the internet so its perfect, TYPE 3 means it can connect to the internet but the connection isnt perfect/very laggy, a result of this is not being able to go into chat rooms, ea nation games not working etc. well we try to get NAT type 2 which is wirelessly connected to the internet , but perfectly connected here we go!!

*give your ps3 a static ip address*
*okay this isnt too complicated, see every time a router gets accessed by a device (ps3, desktop, laptop etc.) it assignes it an ip address randomly depending on who logs in first,

on ps3
disable the media server function in 'network settings'
do an 'automatic' network connection and see if nat type 3 comes up at the end, if so, were on track

we need our ps3 to have an ip address that isnt given out randomly, as we will need it to have the same address,so you write down a new ip address, say 192.168.1.150 we use .150 because you probably will never have 150 devices on your router at any given time!

*find out our internets ip details*
i had awful guff with this online because bad wording of ip addresses and such was used , SO I WILL MAKE THIS CLEAR

*run a command prompt, on your desktop click 'start'-'run'-'cmd' in the command prompt , type ipconfig/all and click 'enter'

*now, write down the numbers for these addresses: IP GATEWAY,DNS SERVER 1, DNS SERVER 2 they will be used later on.

*fiddling with your router*(in the good way!)
*okay , now we are going to open some ports on your netopia router, DONT WORRY ITS NOT DANGEROUS, because we will only let these ports be opened when your ps3 'asks for them' so to speak, and considering your ps3 doesnt get viruses, you are safe!

*in your internet address bar type in your 'IP GATEWAY' you just got from the command prompt, just the numbers and dots, no need for a 'www' or any of that! on netopia routers the gateway is generally 192.168.1.254 so i will use that for now.

type 192.168.1.254 in the browser address window. and your netopia router page should appear, im gonna make this as easy as possible , so bear with me for a minute, were now going to 'open' and 'enable' the ports and 'enable' your ps3's ip address to know to recieve these ports.

*okay click EXPERT MODE on the left hand column, click 'YES , ENTER EXPERT MODE', double click the word 'configure, go down and click on 'NAT' click 'STATIC NAT' click ythe dropdown icon, see if your ip address is there, if so click it, click on done, if this works, igore the paragraph in brackets

(if not i think you have to sign into psn using the new ip beforehand, im not sure, to do that just use the custom ip and use the same settings but use you GATEWAY as the bar saying DEFAULT ROUTER , then come back to this step)

now im going to list a range of ports and what to do with them , we will call the example port aaaa .
click on NAT as you did earlier,(notice how the ps3 ip is there , listed under static ip? thats good)
click DEFINE CUSTOM SERVICE click in 'PORT FORWARDING' , select next , type anything in the service name, something that you will know its related to the ps3,

see the settings for 'global port range' if its only one port thats being entered enter the same port in the left and right hand boxes, in every case , enter the lower port in the box below saying 'base port' even if theres only one port, and chage the TCP/UDP settings according to every port.

heres the ports , repeat the same process for each one, after that window, select the static ip address you made in the drop-down list so it gets forwarded only for the ps3

* TCP port 80
TCP port 443
TCP port 5223
UDP port 3478-3479
UDP port 3658-3659

*now we 'enable' them all, when your done, click NAT on the left hand side, click the dropdown menu that has 'age of empires' written on it and scroll to the bottom, click on the ports you made with the asterix beside them (*) and click enable , then enter the ps3 ip address in the bar , to 'enable them just for the ps3' okay ,

*now click 'configure ' on the left and then click 'connection ' and tick the box that says "upnp"

now,to summarise, we should have , when we click NAT on the left hand column, a:

static NAT address, enabled, thats the ip youre going to use on your ps3
7 ps3 ports, all enabled to the 'host device' of your ps3's ip

*now , enter basic mode, click firewall, and set to low, this isnt dangerous as long as you have a desktop firewall such as windows or mcafee etc...
save changes, and RESTART YOUR ROUTER!

now, turn your ps3 off, then on again , now go to Network settings and click network settings, im putting this in bullet form for easiness

-wireless/wired(though this guide is based on a wireless connection)
-CUSTOM
-enter security settings
-now for your ip info CLICK MANUAL
-where it says 'ip address' enter the STATIC IP ADDRESS YOU MADE UP
-subnet mask is normally 255.255.255.0
-DEFAULT ROUTER, this wants you to input your GATEWAY number you wrote down
-DNS 1/primary , enter the one you wrote down,

i dont think the ps3 needs it , try it without using the 2nd one,

-cick NEXT
-'proxy server' DONT ENABLE THAT
-upnp , enable if you could in your router

This second part is what made it work for me
Quote :

Go set a connection up on ps3.
few pages on and you will have a choice of 3 options
Click the PPoe
Enter for the username and password (these are the original ones eircom provide)
username - Eircom@eircom.net
password - Broadband1

click auto for everything

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snackboxIRL
PS3 Noob

eCk Respect : 5

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 am

hi lads, i have a problem with nat and i hope somebody might be able to help me. im stuck on nat type 3. im using 3 mobile broadband connected to my laptop which is wired to the playstation via cat5( supplied with ps). so there is no router . I know mobile broadband isnt ideal but i live in an area where i get relativly good speeds ,3-5mps down and approx 1 up.This problem only started occuring since i upgraded my laptop,before that ,with the same dongle but differant laptop i had nat type 2. REally dont know whats going on with it. I think there was an update to ps3 firmware by the time i got the new laptop ,could this have something to do with it ,who knows ,not me anyway.Would REAlly appreciate any help here .cheers confused
Back to top Go down
GuNka
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
GuNka

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Try this:

#1 Turn on your PlayStation 3 and select your username to log in.

#2 Scroll to the "Settings" option on the menu by using the "left" and "right" arrows on your controller, then use the "up" and "down" arrows to select the "Network Settings" option.

#3 Scroll to the "Settings and Connection List" option and select it. Write down the values next to "IP Address," "Subnet Mask," "Default Router," "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS," then press the "O" button on your controller to leave this screen.

#4 Scroll to the "Internet Connection Settings" option and select it.

#5 Select the "Custom" option on the "Select a setting method" page, then scroll to the "IP Address Setting" page and select the "Manual" item.

#6 Enter a value into the "IP Address" field that doesn't conflict with any other devices on your network. The first three sets of numbers from the IP address you recorded earlier will remain the same, but you must change the last set of numbers. For example, if you have 10 devices on your network that use the Internet, you could use an IP address of "192.168.1.xx", where "xx" would be equal to a number greater than 10.

#7 Enter all of the other values that you wrote earlier. The only number that is different on this page from your previous settings is the "IP Address" number. Press the "X" button to save your changes.

#8 Open a web browser on your computer and type the address of your router (which you wrote down earlier as the "Default Router" value) into the address bar at the top of the screen. Press "Enter." Input the username and password for your router.

#9 Select the "Applications and Gaming" option at the top of the page. If your router does not have this menu option at the top of the page, look for an "Advanced" or "Port Forwarding" option.

#10 Click the "Port Range Forward" option, which will open a page with columns labeled "Application," "Start," "End," "Protocol," "IP Address" and "Enable."

#11 Type a value into six rows under the "Application" column that identifies the ports you are about to forward as belonging to the PS3. These values can be whatever you want.

#12 Type, in order from top to bottom, the following six numbers into both of the "Start" and "End" rows - "80," "443," "5223," "3478," "3479" and "3658." These numbers represent the port numbers that are used by the PS3.

#13 Change the values corresponding to each entry in the "Protocol" column, in order from top to bottom, so that they read "TCP," "TCP," "Both," "UDP," "UDP" and "UDP."

#14 Type the last set of numbers for the IP address that you specified during your PS3 setup into the box on each row under the "IP Address" column. Check the "Enable" box, then click the "Save Settings" button.

Hope it works Cool
Back to top Go down
snackboxIRL
PS3 Noob

eCk Respect : 5

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:38 pm

thanks for that gunka but since i had a wired connection to my ps from laptop without a router it shouldnt be nat 3 at all really. what i did was then i set up a router that i have here(linksys) and followed your instructions and opened up all the ports.but still type 3, im starting to wonder is it the fact that i have mcafee security installed on my laptop the reason even though i thought i had set it up to allow my ps3 full access.????? confused thanks again for this help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3   NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NAT type 3 to 2 or 1 for playstation 3
Page 1 of 1