eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer

Hey you browsing the forum!

Our clan is called eLiTe CoVeRt kiLLaZ and the clan tag is eCk.

We are a friendly bunch of dedicated ps3 gamers of all ages from all over the world.

The founders of eCk are myself GuNKa from the UK and KingKenny76 from Ireland. We are always on the lookout for members for our clan. We are currently playing KillZone 3 with regular tournaments held each week. Our clan also play anything where you have to shoot or blow stuff up. If this sounds like a clan you would consider joining please register on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

We welcome all other clans to join our forum to and we are soon creating a Worldwide clan page with information and links to other clans.
eCk PS3 Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Arcade10RegisterLog in
eCk Sponsors
Latest topics
» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

» MuAddicted
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

» PSN Playstation network could be down for weeks
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

» Mobile Chat *****
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

» wat up from vegas
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am

» Killzone 3 Ribbons | How to get Killzone 3 Ribbons Multiplayer
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Guide with Video
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am

» Killzone 3 full list of Weapons and Unlocks
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

» Killzone 3 no witnesses trophy walkthorugh
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

» Killzone 3 Multiplayer Movie
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Emptyby GuNka Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Keywords
Top posters
soul_eater93
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Vote_lcapButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Voting_barButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Vote_rcap 
GuNka
ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Vote_lcapButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Voting_barButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Vote_rcap 
subster786
kingkenny76
sOs-Vlan
sOs-Kil
Xanderth
bLuE-_-FuSiOn
tus93
the_jackal___

ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kingkenny76
eCk Team Leader
eCk Team Leader
kingkenny76

eCk Respect : 100570

ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Empty
PostSubject: ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay)   ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:42 am

The title more or less sums thing up doesn’t it? Well I’ll elaborate anyway because that’s people are here for.

ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) Infamous

The demo arrived early this morning and while I was disappointed that it wasn’t the full game (hint hint Sony) I was glad to finally get my hands on a game that I first saw at E3 last year and have been wondering about ever since. Wether or not this “Demo” that Sony sent us is the demo that will be available soon remains to be seen but I would expect the full demo to be a little longer.

My first though (after inverting the vertical axis control) was that it still looks like it did at E3, sort of like a gritty Crackdown mixed with the Force Unleashed. The sweeping camera introduction is a nice introduction to the level of detail that you can expect from the game world as well as the depth of the vista that you can enjoy while climbing around the city. The HUD consists of an energy level and karma meter which are connected in the top left hand of the screen.

The controls immediately seem to synch with what I expected, the demo is only about 5 minutes long if you play through it directly but within less that half of this time I felt like I’d been playing it all my life. L1 allows you to aim, R1 is fire, the face buttons have various attacks assigned to them as well as the all important jump button, X.

ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) PTOM_2_Night_Small_thumb

Before I talk about the gameplay I would like to make it abundantly clear that I am a fanboy, but not of a console or company, rather I am a Crackdown fanboy, I look past its faults and love it unconditionally. inFamous reminds me of Crackdown both in genre, visual style, control scheme, and most importantly fun factor. Immediately in the demo you are taught how to blow things up, but also unlocked is the ability to grab, climb and jump. With no training I was able to scale a building and go from point to point in relative style. The climbing animations are pretty slick and while the distance of jumping isn’t as extreme as Crackdown, the increased intimacy of the ascent and the added detail to achieve this is a very welcome difference. Much like Assassins Creed it is easy to grasp yet not repetitive due to the environment being varied and far more involved. Running on ropes and small walk ways is mostly automated so that it doesn’t become some ridiculous balancing act, wall runs and climbing is a combination of the jump button and the directional commands.

The demo is based 2 weeks after the imposition of the quarantine which the full game should explain with its preface, you are on a roof top with you friend and a quick training section allows you to learn to aim and shoot. You quickly learn via the TV that the situation in the city is both perilous for its inhabitants (lack of food) and politically complex. You set off with Zeke to get a gun, before heading to a food drop. You learn in these two sections about your attacking abilities, the need to recharge and that climbing will be a big part of the game.

ButtonMasher: inFamous Demo Impressions - It Rocks (UPDATED withDemo Gameplay) ALL_26_Morning_Big_Preview_thumb

Upon finding the food you will encounter some base level thugs called “Reapers” which are pretty easy to dispatch and you are then face with a moral dilemma, do you keep the food which you have liberated or do you share it with the plebs. The decisions you make affect your Karma meter which will dictate the way you power up and how people will react to you. I tried both methods and while the full consequences of the actions aren’t apparent immediately the colour difference between good and evil is clear, red equals evil while good is blue, insert gang related pun here.

The climbing works very well and while all of the animations are not completely fluid the bulk of the actions taking place look slick enough to convince you that there is effort being exerted by Cole. I really hope that there are a lot of tall buildings so that I can navigate my way up their intricate structures. This just might be the thing to get me over my longings for more Crackdown. Can’t wait.